Friday, February 1, 2019

[FINAL UPDATE] Bokutachi ga Yarimashita: Volume 9, Chapter 87 + Thoughts

 

Chapter 87: If That Day Comes


And with that, it's over. I honestly never imagined I'd finally reach this point, but the story is finally finished. A lot has happened in the time that I've worked on this. My Japanese skills are miles ahead of where they were when I started, but there's still so much more left for me to learn. I'm also in the last semester of my classes for college, which is a milestone all its own. 
 
I'm not even entirely sure what I can say about the story itself. I've spent so long with it, and it's grown on me in a way I haven't ever really felt before. I'll definitely miss it, but I can't think of a more fitting end than what we got here. And I never expected the amount of readers to balloon like it did, either. The story had to move from Bato.to to Mangadex, but even on Batoto I'm fairly sure the story hit over 100k views just before the end. And looking at the view count on Mangadex now, plus factoring in all the sites that rip and rehost (boo), I can't even imagine how many people outside of Japan this has reached.
 
So what now? What am I planning to do after this? First and foremost, take a break. I've had less time to study Japanese in the past couple months, so hopefully I can start to make some of that time back up again, as well as prepare for the end of my schooling. As for my next translation? I won't make any definitive promises right now, but I do have another (shorter) series tentatively lined up for later in the year. If everything works out, expect to see it sometime Summer 2019. I'll likely make an announcement for it a week before launch, but again, don't expect to hear from me again until around that time.

16 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for this, man. You really should feel proud of yourself. Seriously, you followed up consistently for 87 whole chapters! That's pretty amazing. Admittedly, I'm not a scanlator/translator so I'm not sure how much I can really say about everything regarding that, but I personally felt your translation was great; all of the humor worked, the dialogue flowed great (something I really value a lot), and your use of occasional bold font for impactful scenes really tied things together. I can't thank you enough, man. I remember seeing it on the front page every now and then, not giving it much thought, but decided "eh, why not" as I waited for my usual series to update. Low and behold, this has become possibly my favorite manga. Just amazing. I've rambled on long enough lol, my apologies for this long post. I would post more, but I'm sure I've spent enough of your time already. So I'll end here, thanks again, You Did It. (in a positive meaning, of course lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank for finish the series. Im amaze at your consistency week after week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Nuwang thanks for all your work here. Always joyous when a project is fully complete.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your hard work. This manga has been an amazing experience

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your committment on this series. I really appreciated your work and the chance of reading Bokutachi ga Yarimashita in English.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you very much for all your effort!! I'm still translating this to spanish if you didn't know, just very slowly hehe. I really want to see what other series you translate. Thanks again and best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for translating and doing this series from beginning to end. It's definitely in my favorite manga/for sure top 10. My only question is: What was up with his smile at the end? Sorry if it's right there in my face, did he want that to happen or?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the amazing translation, my dude. You made a lonely guy from Brazil very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you very much. I am very grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, just drop by to say thanks for your translation. I’m glad that I get to read this manga. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yare yare daze, nice work author and artist

    ReplyDelete
  13. i just finished reading it after one seating and i immediately wanted to write my thoughts about this before i go to bed.
    at first i just this manga from the recommendation area of rehosting website (boo) and decided to download the first 5 chapters.
    to quote Aristotle " if you don't like after 5 chapters ... drop it"
    ofc Aristotle never said rhat but i love that guy.
    So, 2 days left before passing my module and still haven't done even a single one of them in the middle of the night i decided "I cant sleep, and i have no plans on making my modules so let's have with this series".
    So i read the first five and honestly the plot twist immediately blew me away (but it was the amazing drawing of women that sealed the deal).
    So I downloaded all of it and baam here i am.
    The plot was so good but at the same unpredictable i liked how they didn't comprimise on showing sexual scenes but it wasn't also too long to undermine the story (too short so i wasn't even able to jerk off).
    I never really expected for the story to it that way.
    It was good, made to think a few things, and helped my spend my insomnia on something different.

    That is all and thank you for scanlating this work.

    Praises to Kaneshiro Muneyuki and Araki Hikaru.

    ReplyDelete